Thursday, February 01, 2007

A series of posts, beginning with: Report: Shampoo Scents Make 3 Boys Grow Breasts

(Ryan recieved this "breaking news" email today and I had to share!)

BOSTON -- Researchers think scented oils that are found in some shampoos, soaps and lotions can cause temporary breast growth in young boys, but only in rare cases. A preliminary study released Wednesday said the oils appeared to disrupt the boys' hormonal balance.

The federally funded study comes from the University of Colorado and the National Institutes of Health and is reported in the latest edition of the New England Journal of Medicine.

Three boys, ages 4, 7 and 10, developed the condition while using products containing lavender and tea tree oils. All three were normal again when they stopped using the product with the natural oils. Hormone experts advised parents to consider the possible risk. But because the condition appears to be rare and temporary, they're not suggesting a ban on sales.

ok ok ok, that is too funny and I highly suggest we stop treating it as anything but, are you kidding me??? these BOYS grew breasts??? What the heck kind of funky monkey science lab were these parents sending their children too??? Wait wait wait, I just reread this article and this little pervert study was FEDERALLY FUNDED???? Just one more reason to love the Bush government. Julia and Lauren will not be attending the University of Colorado either, maybe a school with something better to do than grow breasts on boys by using shampoo will be more productive. However, I really could have used this information about 15 years ago and had a lot of fun with my brothers!!!

3 comments:

Me said...

I wish I had known of that shampoo 15 years ago for myself! Middle school's hard on a girl with no boobies. Im sorry to say boobies in your blog, but it was the only word that really works.

tabo said...

Oh man! Body builders who develop breasts after heavy steroid use, now that's poetic justice. Small boys who are being mosturized with flowery smells, that's just a little confusing...and sad.

Dylan Todd said...

Wow, I wish the federal government would have sent me that money instead because I could have told them pretty quickly that using girly shampoo will make boys grow the boobies. Duh. The same thing happens when you let them listen to too much Celine Dion or watch too many soap operas. Duh. Duh duh duh. Will someone please give me some money now?