Thursday, February 01, 2007

Strong Spirits

Lauren insists on eating here instead of here


Today I am much more able to appreciate my girls' persistent, determined, strong willed, "know-what-I-want" personalities. They are going to be so well equipped to handle this world.

Yesterday was a MamaMeltDown Marathon. The Rwanda book had way more of a devastating impact on me psychologically than I realized. Being that close, even through the pages of a book, to pure evil was spiritually harming. It had a great message of faith, hope, and forgiveness, and I think it is important to KNOW what is happening in the world, I just was not prepared to "witness" such evil. Holly saved me though, as only she can. She explained I can't save the world, and as hard as that is to hear, I guess she's right. I can be the Best Mom my girls deserve though, and they did not get anything close to that yesterday. I tried very hard to make it up to them today, so many hugs, kisses and praising words. When the Lord puts something in my path, that I know He wants me to do,I will be willing. Right now He's put Jules and Lauren in front of me and they are sooo sooo sooo important, they are my life's work, my greatest accomplishments, my sacred duty, I will not let them or Heavenly Father down again.

On a lighter note- we're coming to Vegas BABY! We're so pumped! Since it is snowing again and only going to be 8 degrees tomorrow, Vegas thoughts are keeping me warm. We're taking the girls to Disneyland!!!! Our excuse is to celebrate Julia's birthday, but seriously get me a few hours drive from that place and Im there!!! Then it's Friends/Family, Trader Joes, and Fuji- all that matters to me in that town. Maybe if SOMEONE wants to watch our girls we can do a temple session, I so miss the LV temple!!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Chanel that is so awesome! I will be so happy if you let me watch your girls. I live close to the temple too! Call me 437-7878

Ipuna Black said...

I can watch your girls as well. Let me know if you need it. 326-5624

Michelle said...

Wow.... that book sounds so intense. I'm kind of scared to read it now.
Chanel you are such a wonderful mom you shouldn't be so hard on yourself for having a bad day once in a great while.
I'm excited you guys are coming! We'll have to talk about our travel plans. Of course I would love to watch your girls.

Ryan said...

THANK YOU LADIES!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!! I will call one of you lucky girls in March!! AGAIN- THANK YOU!