Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Zoo Day!

It is BeeeeUtiful here so I packed up the kiddies (and sandwiches this time) and spent the afternoon at the zoo! Lauren had so much funn, her favorite animals were the giraffes and reindeer. The best thing though was watching her toddle around! Oh it was just the cutest thing ever! I hope I will always remember how sweet she was, happily trying to keep her balance and keep up with her big sister. She would hold on to the basket of the stroller and help me push too. She also kept squatting down and wanting to touch the ground (which grossed me out), but she definitely keeps me laughing! Julia loves getting a map and showing us where to go. I love how excited she is about the zoo. She really wanted to see the "dolphins", yeah that would be a sea lion Jules. :) Cute kid!

I even remembered money for a merry-go-round ride- Im such a nice mom!


So Candace inspired me to make bread sticks last night- they were very disappointing. I threw the other half of the dough back in the bowl and just forgot about it. Then this morning it was perfect, it has risen basically. So I thought about what I could do with it and settled on cinnamon sticks for breakfast- oh holy-moly! Goodness sake and sake's alive they were amazing! Took a picture for Ryan because the ten phone calls I made telling him how good they are just wasn't enough!

7 comments:

Candace said...

Oh my goodness! Those cinnamon sticks are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Look way better than my breadsticks did last night. Mine tasted pretty good, just din't look that good.

I want to go to the zoo too. how fun!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

so you saved one of those for me right? just kidding... :) you're such the baker girl!

tabo said...

I can't believe there is no mention or pictures of monkies! A post about a zoo without mention of monkies is like a three-legged puppy--still cute and interesting, but wrong on some level.

I love monkies.

Caitlin said...

Your girls are so cute and the expression "Goodness sake and sake's alive" is just about the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Michelle said...

Those look so good. You should share the recipe.
Lauren looks so cute walking around. I love that age.

Heather said...

Glad the weather was cooperating for you so you could enjoy the zoo. Looks like you had fun.

Please do share the recipe for those delicious looking cinnamon sticks.

Jamie said...

Ok, send recipes fast!!!!!! :)