Monday, February 19, 2007

Presidents' Day? Really?

Is the mail such an exciting event in my day that this made up holiday is totally spoiling my fun? YES! I went to the mailbox TWICE today. After the initial, "that's odd, not even some junk?" thought, it dawned on me- Presidents' Day. Stinkin Presidents (except you o' Kennedy legend among legends whose name shall never be defiled, even after your numerous mistresses come forth. And of course you Mr. President Jefferson, even with your slave lineage, and of course our current leader and my best friend Dubya, who needs a day dedicated to him like I need birth control pills).
Soooooo, no mail, but Ellen was funny naming the faces of Mt. Rushmore as follows.... George Washington, His wife, Tom Selleck, and the penny. HA! Love her! Okay I just went to find a picture of Mt. Rushmore and these people's vacation pictures showed up- HILARIOUS!!! I think this is soooo funny, Im dieing right now! This is Penny, Norm, and Thelma- their real names. Awww, thanks guys for the memories!

Spring is on its way!!! My daffodils are sprouting!!!! And I use the term, "mine" in the most liberal sense due the fact that I am now the proprietor of this home and had nothing to do with their planting, surviving, and growing.

Since our ward is completely missionary obsessed, which I love, don't get me wrong, but these little sprouts made me appreciate the idea that just "planting a seed" is very important, because one day, someone, somewhere will reap the benefits. I love the gospel and I love how I can be an instrument in God's hands and plant seeds- seeds that will actually bring forth "good fruit".

5 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

That picture of the Mount Rushmore people is amazing. I wasn't going to make a comment on how funny it was but didn't know if it was your great aunt or something. Now that I know it isn't: Dude, those people are hilarious. The end.

Amber said...

I am cracking up about that picture! You are so funny!
And btw I Love going to the mailbox too!!

Candace said...

Oh, getting the mail. One of the most exciting parts of my day. Glad to know I'm not the only one like that.

Almost worse than a dumb holiday with no mail is when all you get is dumb junk mail. Such a bummer.

Michelle said...

I was wondering who those people are. Funny stuff.

Caitlin said...

That picture is cracking me up!

I wish I inherited daffodils.