Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Safe Blog, no polotics, opinions, or rants

Ryan fixed the camera or computer or whatever was going on so I now have a little picture diary of my week. Wanna see...
Sunday- Lauren was all ready for church in this KEE-UTE outfit. I am just in love with jean skirts right now. Maybe b/c Lauren is shall we say more petite than Julia was, Julia was soooo rolly polly squishy wishy I didn't dare constrict her gut with any thing jean.
They were so adorable, too bad church was canceled. I mean I only go so I can show off my cute kids.
Monday- my list was accomplished! Playing in the snow was fun, until Lauren bit it and had a face full of snow. Poor kid, as if learning to walk isn't hard enough, I put her on ice! The best though was letting the girls "help" me make the rolls for dinner. Julia saw the hook for the bread dough, grabbed it, and raising it up proclaimed, "I'm Captain Hook!" Cracked me up!!!! She is so cute and funny!!! The rolls by the way were, sooohoooo good! The recipe is here. OH MY GOSH I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO THE LINK THING ALL BY MYSELF!!!! I AM SOOOO SMART!!!! Seriously I have wondered how all you computer savvy people were doing it, then like revelation it just came to me! WHOA!!!!!

Tuesday- Julia went to school and made this funny little penguin hat! Hello sooo funny! I promised to let her make Lauren one and I made one and we played penguins, but that was yesterday so I am getting ahead of myself.

Also on Tuesday I took a picture of Lauren in one of the bigger hats I made. Help me title this photo..
A) How long do I have to wear this?
B) Seriously mom, you have to take my picture in this?
C) This is as much of smile as I can muster in this hat.
No but really I like my hats, they may not be Italian imports, but whatever, they're cool, in a "I'm a homeless baglady" kind of way, don't ya think?

I really love this picture of Lauren, you know kneeling on her changing table on the second floor of our house, looking over the wall. Safe Chanel, real safe!

SO I have not taken a picture yet today, can you believe it?? No, I am so out of control! Can you imagine my scrapbooking? ("crap" booking as Julia innocently calls it) Because I am anal and have to scrap like every picture I take, IT is out of control. Eye Yai Yai!


So tomorrow is DATE NIGHT!!! HOLLA!!! remember back to the "My Numbers" blog? Date night was 13 days away, and now its finally here!!! Japanese food baby!!! And The Queen OR the new Jennifer Garner movie?? Can you tell Ryan is letting me pick the movie?

BY THE WAY- Have you seen the preview for the Jen Garner movie???? Is her NIPPLE not totally showing when she's holding up the wedding dress to her chest??? I'M dieing here!!!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL YOU'VE NOTICED!!!!

Ok did I just write this whole blog in the voice of a Jewish New Yorker???

7 comments:

Ipuna Black said...

Such cute pictures. I admire your interest in politics. Many people talk about politics, but have not really read on it or followed any of it. You are an educated voter. I like that.

Staying at home...I think it is better to sacrifice and stay at home with your kids. I am the "guilty" Mom at times, but right now my husband makes 0 money while in school. I know that it will be better for me when he is done. I am looking forward to the days to not have to worry about work.

I also LOVE how you said that your life basically does NOT end when your kids are grown up. You have plans. Many people don't know what to do with themselves when they are done raising their children. I admire that! I knew you were goal oriented, but priorities come first. Which right now are your children! :)

tabo said...

My movie opinions...
The Queen got 4 stars from Jeff Vice, FOUR STARS! He doesn't give anything that kind of review. Queeny has my vote.
(http://deseretnews.com/movies/view/1,1257,440000851,00.html)

As for the Catch and Release trailer, the shadow between Jen's chest and gown does look suspiciously nipple-like, but it can't really be. Can it? Anyway, you're not crazy.

Amber said...

Chanel you are so cute with your girls! And I love the hat you made. I'm jealous you are going on a date night! Good for you! My pick would be the Jennifer Garner movie only because I love her!

And no I didn't notice the nipple! You are so funny!!

Me said...

Linda Richmond, I LOVE, LOVE your blogs. I don't tell you enough how much you make me absolutely die laughing. You make my days! So, first off I have to address your changing table by your overlook. YOWZA! You know that makes Holly NERVOUS! Remember me locking all your upstairs windows because I worry about everything? Scaring me!!! Second, Julia is such a beautiful little GIRL, toddler no more! She looks so mature. And this is the first pic I can really see your awesome carpet, I love it! Third, you and Ryan deserve a night out alone. How great! You'll get reminded of what you love about each other as people, not as pooped-on mom & puked-on dad. Fourth, the hat turned out so good! You are so crafty & cute. Finally, I have yet to see a Jennifer Garner's preview, so no nipple shots either. Sorry!

Candace said...

I love the penquin hats!

Julia's face in the captain hook photo....awesome!

I love the knit hat. So cute & comfy & cozy. Please make me a newborn size one. please, please, please!!!

Have fun on your date too! No mood swings allowed just before you leave. And I have no idea what movies you're reffering to because I'm so disconnected from the world it's sad.

Heather said...

Cute pictures. I love the one of Julia hugging Lauren. So sweet. It looks like you you've been enjoying your girls this week.

ashley said...

seeing pics of your little girls having fun together makes me excited about having another girl! love all the pics, it is so not fun to blog without pictures!
have fun tonight- i am jealous!