Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I want to remember

how cute it is to walk behind Lauren as she toddles behind Julia to their bedroom to go to bed. Lauren says, almost under her breath, "nigh-nigh" as if resigned to the inevitable.

how Lauren flops into my lap to read the books she picks out. Her absolute favorite is Good Boy Fergus. She was wrapped up playing with little animal toys tonight and when I said, "Lauren want to read Fergus" she got the biggest smile and came walking over so fast.

how I will let my children do just about anything to keep them busy when I want to get something done, for example Lauren got to take every article of clothing out of my dresser drawer this afternoon so I could get a few rows of her rag quilt clipped. And she got to rub yogurt all over her face and head so I could make chili and talk to Holly on the phone tonight.

that Julia is so silly at three. She loves pretending. She loves Lauren (especially being able to squirt her in the bath tub with a rubber duck). She loves watching America's Funniest Videos and reenacting them. She loves learning the First Article Of Faith and when she's done saying it she says "period" at the end.

3 comments:

ashley said...

hi!
these are such good things to remember...i started to write things down in a little note book thing that i made for velzy so that i would not forget all of the little things that i love and that i am sure i will forget a day after they happen!
and it looks like your holiday season was a good one- crazy to say it but we have not even gotten any snow yet!

Michelle said...

Chanel-
What a cute blog idea! It made me laugh about Julia and that's so great that Lauren WANTS to read books. Bryton is not interested in books at all beyond eating them. Oh well, I guess in time.

Me said...

this is the sweetest entry. kids are so small & cute and do/say the best stuff at their young ages. I love Ashley's idea of writing them all down because it's true, you forget too fast.