Friday, December 01, 2006

snowbabies

We got snow the other day and have been FREEZING!! But the world is so beautiful and bundling up is so fun and icicles are so cool it is worth it. It feels like we live in a snow globe. Taking Julia to school yesterday I saw how the snow sparkles like glitter in the sun and it just stole my breath and made me smile.
I have been busy busy with Christmas present making for my best friends!! YAY! Hopefully I will mail them today, I'm really happy with them, even if they do look extremely homemade- thats what they are! I am just so thankful for friends that will like them anyway and because.
I wish I could post a picture, maybe after you all get them. :)
I took a pregnancy test today- NEGATIVE! No matter how much you prep yourself it is always soooo disappointing. Ryan was pretty excited and that is all the harder to let him down too. No period this month either so I am even more disgusted, faith! Faith faith faith! Thats what I say every time I start to have those "bad thoughts".
I get a lump in my throat though thinking about Lauren, she is my constant reminder that anything is possible. Her turning one is hard. I'm trying really really hard to not over think it, but I feel like I'm going over a major hill. Crossing over a bridge of no return. No more baby things, no more tiny clothes and shoes, no more holding something that is so small and soft you never want to put her down. There is so much to look forward to and I enjoyed every second of Lauren's first year, I will not spend anytime doing anything but being sooo very thankful for my two girls.

5 comments:

Candace said...

Ooohh, love the new look going on here. Very pretty. The cold is really hard for me. Sadie wants to play in the snow so bad, but I hate being out there. Hate the wind. Hate the cold on my face. I'll have to be tough though...I think this is the year to get her all geared up with snow clothes.

Lauren is still SO much a baby. You used to tell me the same thing when I'd get all sad about Sadie getting older.

Love ya...hang in there & keep being thankful. Your family is so cool!

Michelle said...

Hi Chanel,
I feel bad that I forgot to ask you about how YOU are doing when I talked to you. I'll keep praying for you. I really think it can happen again. You're so strong!
If anyone has truly appreciated and valued every second of their babies first year, it is you. It is hard to see how fast they grow...way too fast.
Keep me updated.

I like you're new blog too!

Anonymous said...

I love the new set-up! Cute!
It is hard to see your babies grow out of all the adorable little things, but now you get a year full of fun pre-toddler things. I look at Kyle learning so much & saying THE funniest stuff. I feel the same way you do about babies though, that is such a special time.

ashley said...

so funny, i just changed my blog to this background yesterday, and i come on today to look at yours and...we are twins! great minds think alike!
glad that you are enjoying the snow! a one year old is still a baby right???? it seems that way to me...good luck with your endevers to get another one...it is hard but reasuring to know that there is a plan...

Anonymous said...

I am trying to figure out how to make you a link on my blog.

I LOVE that you said it's sad that Wendy won't be my friend. I love it.