Sunday, December 17, 2006

Now that's ONE way to wean...

Get a Kidney Stone!

Oh my goodness, have you heard they hurt like having a baby, well it's the TRUTH! Last night I was in the ER with my very own precious little kidney stone, I seriously thought I might die. I was immediately given an IV and some lovely narcotics, which hello, I can't nurse now, at least for 24 hours after taking my drugs, which I am still taking at home. Ryan has been DYNAMITE taking care of Lauren. I couldn't get out of bed last night if I wanted to. She is really taking to milk and getting the clue that mom isn't going to be picking her up in the middle of the night.

Indulge me for a second as I look into this too much for just a moment- My happy spin on all this- COULD it be a blessing in disguise??? I think so! Perhaps this is the path the Lord is giving so that I can start the estrogen??? Why go back to nursing after all this pain and suffering just to have to go through it again? I'm thinking this is kind of cool.


Here is the little Christmas Elf this morning, what a joy she is!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it is the Lord! he certainly controls your body, doesn't he?! i want to see your quilts when your done

Heather said...

Chanel I didn't realize you had your very own blog!! So happy to stumble upon it. I can totally relate to the kidney stone. Just passed my first four months after having Brandon. It is not pleasant. And you will probably feel like crap for a few days. Thank goodness for pain meds. It's always nice that we can put our pains and hard times into perspective....everything happens for a reason. Hang in there!

Ipuna Black said...

I hope you feel better. I heard they are so painful!

Candace said...

Oh my gosh! All I know from Heather & my Dad is those things kill! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! You poor thing! I hope you are doing better today. I'll give you a call soon.

Michelle said...

Wow Canel, I heard those are so painful! I cannot imagine... but
I'm feeling your pain with weaning. I keep giving in and letting Bryton have a bottle. Like you said things happen for a reason sometimes. Good luck!