Thursday, December 21, 2006

BLIZZARD!!!!!

This is totally the coolest!!! We are SNOWED IN! Seriously, we got over 3 feet of snow, it started snowing yesterday at 4am and HASN'T STOPPED!
At about 10am yesterday I thought I would run to the store and get some things I thought we might need, yeah I barely got to the store (Scariest ride of my life) but once there I saw cars spinning their wheels in their parking spots and I didn't want to get stuck so I just went back home, only to not be able to get back up my driveway!!!
Ryan's work let him go home early and on the way his windshield wipers froze and he had to stick his head out the window to see where he was going! ITS NUTS! So the bad thing about all this is my mom has been here and she was supposed to go home Wed night, yeah she has a flight leaving SUNDAY! She is freaking out, missing so much work, I feel really really bad for her, but we can't even get out of our house, down our street, let alone to the freeways. The airport is closed until tomorrow anyway.
This is Ryan right now, TRYING to dig out our driveway so he can get his car in (see it buried out there?). His car is in the middle of the street because he couldn't get it any closer yesterday with the snow and wind.

Look how high the snow is!! Last night we both went out back to dig our heater vents out, you know so we don't all die of carbon monoxide! I would take steps and the snow would go up to my waist! It was HILARIOUS!

We're definitely going to have a white winter! :) We're going sledding as soon as we can get down our street to the park- I can't wait! We made cookies and hot chocolate, it's just the ideal winter storm, WE LOVE IT! I've been working on Lauren's quilt, it's sooo cute! Julia and Grandma made a Ginger bread house. There are so many fun things about a snowy Colorado Christmas. The BEST is RYAN is HOME from work- YAHOO!!!! Better go help him shovel- or just push him over in a snow bank, we'll see what happens! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that person in the snow picture was Julia because they looked so small surrounded by all that white! It's Ryan?! So funny!! Im glad you are laughing about all of it, I think I would be going bananas. Your mom must be flippin out, poor thing. At least she will be there for more festivities, though!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ryan!

That snow it nuts.

The funny thing about snow is that you shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and shovel it and then one day it just melts because it can.

You made me want to make Christmas cookies!!

Also, Happy belated b-day to your miracle baby, from a fellow miracle(s) maker ;) (Well, someone else made the miracles, but I carried them... and as I write this, one woke up from her nap and is crying. That's ironic! Miss you guys.