Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And To All A Good Night!

Christmas is over- woohoo! Don't get me wrong I loved every second of it, but getting my house back from the decorations is soooooooo wonderful to me! A brief recap..
Saturday we went sledding all together! SOOOOO FUN! I highly recommend it!!! Julia is a daredevil, not scared one bit! Loved going by herself and usually insisted on it. Lauren went a couple times with mom and was humbly amused. Ryan was a riot as those that know him can imagine.
Sunday Grandma left and we had a quiet Christmas Eve. Frosted some cookies for Santa and put them on the plate the girls made last year (well Julia painted it while newborn Lauren laid on my chest, ah the memories). We watched some Christmas movies and put the girls to bed. The one night every child can't sleep, mine did uncommonly well. Not until after 7am did we wake to see what Santa had brought. Julia was amazed Santa ate her cookies and gave his reindeer the carrots. She wasn't too happy he left a bit behind, but I told her after eating Avry's cookies, and Anna's cookies, and a few other friends he was getting too full, she was appeased. Present opening was fun, we couldn't keep up with Julia. She got to open most of Lauren's presents too because Lulu was not interested in unwrapping at all, just playing with everything once she saw what it was. Even clothes were fun to put on her head, silly babe!

Julia's favorite thing was her My Little Pony Castle. I haven't ever seen her play with something like she plays with this, its sooo girly and cute, brought back childhood memories, LOVE IT!

We went to see Charlotte's Web. That was really good, Ryan walked Lauren around the whole time. I guess it was Christmas wishful thinking she would make it through a movie.

Our good friends the Johnsons came over for dinner and game playing. It was fun, they make us laugh sooo hard, we love 'em!
So let the New Year begin! Thinking of a resolution I think I might actually keep. Life's little joke- my working out plan, yeah the kidney stone ruined my schedule and I haven't been since, so lets pick something I can do even with life's curves, pardon the pun. I think being more environmentally aware, that's my start, perhaps I can elaborate and specify later. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: