Saturday, December 09, 2006

A little somethin somethin

Ok so I like our tree now. We decorated it last night while Lauren was sleeping, which at first felt wrong, but I didn't want her to get the idea that she can play with it anymore than will already come naturally. Julia is so cute, she oohed and awwed at every ornament. I love how much a tree makes it feel like Christmas in your house. It doesn't matter how many obnoxious decorations I have (and LOVE), without a tree something is missing. The tree lights really brought back newborn Lauren feelings too- how special!

This morning Ryan has taken the girls to get me a Christmas present. I LOVE and think it is so awesome that he WANTS to go with the girls, he's the raddest dad. He is all about his girls, but I think sometimes it might be hard being the only guy... this morning when we all came down stairs for breakfast I said good morning to the tree and Julia copied me, Ryan replied as the tree, "Good mornig" in a real gruff voice. He asked if the tree could be a boy since everyone else in the house is a girl, I told him no way. The toilets and garbage cans are boys, geez what else does he want?



Check out this Christmas Elf! Loves those teefies and that great big cheesey smile! Her shoes are the best too! She is lovin this new slide of hers, a bit more adventurous than I was prepared for!

Yesterday I babysat and decided since it was soooo nice out we'd go to the zoo. It was fun, but a word to the wise- FEED children BEFORE you go to the zoo. I heard "I'm hungry" in three different languages (1yr old: cry, 2 yr old: gibberish, 3yr old: whine) for two hours! We had a nutrious McDonalds lunch afterwards, such great forthought on my part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs. It's like I can hear your voice, not like Im reading it. You crack me up-the trash cans & toilets are boys! Im dying! What else is female in my house then if everything has a gender? I need some serious girly re-enforcements.
You have the best husband, with the exception of mine of course. He is so thoughtful!! 2 weeks before Christmas & he is getting your gift!? And taking the girls?! And voicing your tree?? Okay, that didnt fit in, but I thought it was so cute! Julia on his shoulders hanging the star is priceless.
And this picture of Lauren in the elf suit...OHMYGOSH! She is YOU! Gorgeous!! Wow.
I talked to you twice yesterday & can still fill up your whole comment page...sorry! I love you!!

Candace said...

I LOVE the Christmas tree & all the other decorations. Maybe I'm too giddy about it all for as old as I am, but I can't help it. I gots me some holiday spirit. Glad that you are liking your tree a lot better. And I have to agree with Holly, Lauren looks so much like you. What a cutie!