Tuesday, December 05, 2006

LAUREN GRACE

It really happened, my baby turned one. I did sooo good all day; was happy and busy cleaning for her party, making her cake, playing with new gifts. I kept saying to myself, "this is it. You're living this day, this moment." Around 6pm though I fell apart, at Red Robin no less. The tears started and haven't stopped. Nursing her to sleep was especially hard. I don't even really know why I am crying- I just feel like doing it. I LOVE HER SOOOO MUCH!!! I am sooooooo thankful for her. That she is real and here and has been for a year is just incredible. I feel like I am dreaming it sometimes, like now. How can I honestly be this blessed???
She is truly a miracle. We watched her birth video last night (THANK YOU HOLLY!!!), that was so surreal! I was watching it, and have the memories, but it still didn't seem like that was me. But when I saw me hold her for the first time, oh yeah, that was me. I can never put into words what this baby means to me. I keep trying to express what I am feeling and all that comes to my mind is I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR HER. To have this special little bundle to love and hold and smell and rock and feed and teach, it is just my everything. Oh and to see Julia a year ago, that is adding to the tears. I was prepared to see a newborn, but Julia at two, I had NO IDEA how much she has grown and changed. Oh my goodness, the tears just pour over that too. She was and is and ALWAYS has been the best big sister. I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF HER! 12-11-05. She has not had one day of jealousy, well except today. Yeah she really couldn't handle the fact that Lauren was getting presents and all the attention. She kept saying , "What about me?" and "My birthday is in March!" Poor kid, this is her first expereince with Lauren really being the center of attention, it was shock to her little system. She is even sleeping with one of Lauren's stuffed toys she got today, Jules at least asked Lauren first, it was very sweet.
Ok so this is not the most flattering picture, but it was the one I had looked forward to since I had found out I was having another baby. I was so excited for Julia to come to the hospital and see me and meet her new baby. It was really wonderful. We were a real family of four. MAGICAL.









And this is Lauren today! Drinking a juice box and eating cheese, what more could you ask out of a birthday??? Did some one say a princess hat and cake?? YOU GOT IT... Check out that grin- mmmm CAKE!



















It was a great day. I really missed celebrating with the people that would know what a special day this is, but we had friends here that really helped make the night fun. Julia did a cheer when we assured her that Lauren's birthday ended after tonight, and I slightly agree with those sentiments. Yay its over, let's move on and watch this precious babe turn into an amazing toddler, beautiful incredible little girl, and that's about all I can handle right now.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Okay when I saw that picture of Lauren eating cheese, I had to get me some. Ha ha. What a cutie! And that cake! Did you make that!?! It's incredible.

Such cool photos from when she was a newborn. Glad you could make it through this day & remember....she is still a baby. I wish they could stay as small as they are that first month for a whole lot longer though.

Anonymous said...

She could not be any cuter! What a doll!! You all had quite a long, hard road in getting her here, and now she is a year old. I remember many tear-filled talks before you could get pregnant, the call I got when you had a positive test (& the screaming on both our parts), the way you relished every second of your pregnancy with her-savoring every little thing, and of course that amazing night she was born. What a trip! She is such a special baby, and she has the most wonderful parents.

Ipuna Black said...

I loved every bit of that blog. You are such a good Mother. You inspire me every time I read your blog. I love the new look as well. I loved all the pictures as well. Brings back memories of so many firsts.