Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chilly Today Hot Tamale


Well we are getting use to the CRAZY weather. One day we will picnic in our backyard in the warm sunshine and the next we bundle up for a walk to the grocery store. Either way we try and do things outside, taking advantage of the beauty around us. We saw a gopher or ground hog or some little varmint poking himself out of his hole on the way to the store. We were thoroughly engrossed by such a live natural spectacle.
Julia loves picking up pine cones which she calls, "turkeys" b/c during Thanksgiving we decorated one as a turkey.


I made homemade brownies last night which turned out too good. I was nervous about the altitude (we're a 1,000 ft higher than Denver) ruining them, but all went well. We are loving primetime coming on at 7pm, and Letterman coming on at 10:30, we feel like night owls that we're actually up to see Letterman!

Our days are long, Ryan's job is harder than he expected. He says he went from being a big fish in a little pond to a small fish a huge ocean. I can tell he's stressed and it breaks my heart that there is so little I can do for him. This grown up stuff is hard! I've been pretty irritable with Julia which always makes me feel guilty. She can get so fresh sometimes though, and her selective hearing drives me nuts! There is lots more yelling than I would like, but we're both pretty intense. I pray everyday for more patience.

Day by day we take it. And around here you never know what tomorrow is going to be like!








No comments: