Saturday, May 13, 2006

Livin THE life!

We went to Fort Collins last night for one of my best high school friend's graduation from CSU. Naomi's a veterinarian now, wow! It was so great to see her and so crazy to be at her house! She's been in CO for 10 years and it was so weird that I was HERE to be with her! FUN FUN FUN! Another one of my best friend's Lisa was there too and it was just so great to see them and catch up. I LOVE the way they go crazy over my girls. It is one of the greatest blessings in my life to have such wonderful friends! I think it is these special relationships that have taught me I can move away from friends, but that doesn't make the friendship end. Life is so amazing that way, how we grow and move and yet we always have those special people in our lives. I LOVE IT! It is really hitting me now just how many friends I have and wait a minute, they're ALL somewhere else! If one of you happen to be reading this know I LOVE YOU!! I MISS YOU!!!
I digress!!!!
So last night was really great! The drive was like from Vegas to St. George, only way easier. Fort Collins is only 40 miles from Cheyenne WY! We have to check that out someday too! I LOVE that there is sooooooo much for us to go and see and do here!! I feel like we have to do it all right away, but then I remember we LIVE here and we have a lot of time to do things. I still haven't been to DENVER! Ryan and I were so happy driving home, it was refreshing to get out and do things with people. Vegas never lended itself to a night out with people; ironic with it having the reputation of a party city, it was always lame.

Now this morning Ryan got the lawn mower started and mowed our front and backyard for the first time! YAAY!!! He was so excited! He had to change a spark plug and Julia was very involved in the whole process, so when he got it going they were both literally jumping up and down with joy! She's been his little helper and its adorable.

Little Miss Lauren was just pooped from all the excitement! Darling babe!
So yes this is THE life we've always wanted, parties with friends and yards to mow Saturday morning! Its so wonderful!!! Happy Day!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Your neighborhood looks so nice! And Lauren Grace is getting so big!!! Look at that leg chub! I love it.

That's nice you guys were able to go out with friends already. You'll make a lot of new friends too, because you guys are just so easy & fun to be around.

Anyway, I love ya! I've been meaning to call you. That will happen sometime soon....I promise.

Ipuna Black said...

I am happy for Naomi. Anything new in her life? Married? Kids? She was always sweet. I can see her as a Vet. She is going to be a great one!
I can't believe I see real GRASS! :)