Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Just Feel Like Bloggin

I took Ryan to work today so I have gone to Walmart, the bank, checked out preschools, signed Julia up for swim lessons, went to the grocery store, talked to Holly, and cleaned chicken all before 1pm! The girls are napping and I have been looking up global warming on the internet to be more educated on the topic. I have always had a passion for environmentalism, but it totally dwindled during those self absorbed teenage years. I became very pessimistic I think. The innocence of childhood left me and I suddenly realized I alone couldn't save the planet, so I gave up. Well I want to make a difference now. Where do I start? Definitely going to RECYCLE more, REUSE my grocery bags at the grocery store, WALK more and drive less- (won't be hard with one car!), but I can walk to the grocery store more often even though it is a bit of a walk. I would LOVE to get a hybrid vehicle if we can afford it. They may be more of a statement than a whole lot of good, but you have to start somewhere!
We have gotten a few interests in our house, which is making me totally happy. They're not spectacular offers, but we're at the point that just selling it period will be enough of a blessing. Ryan has had some interest in freelance writing here, its very exciting prospects, so that's is way cool. I would love to see him get to be creative again, he's one of the most creative people I know, he needs to use those talents! Im glad I get to be the receptor of his creativity now, he cracks me up. I don't laugh as hard with anyone else.

Lauren is crying!

2 comments:

Candace said...

First off...so excited to here that there is a little action with the Vegas house. And how super cool of Ryan to start writing. That is awesome.

We don't have a curb side recycling program here. Makes me sad.

Also, I think you're totally cool!

Love ya!

Michelle said...

I'm really happy to hear you're going to recycle more! Making up for England. Don't worry it's our little secret.

I've enjoyed catching up on all your blogging. I'll have to call you soon.

Michelle