Monday, May 15, 2006

A Mother's Day Shiner

Mother's Day is so fun when you have the best family in the whole world! We actually had a Mother's Day weekend celebration! Saturday we had a blast walking around the coolest Downtown ever, Castle Rock's! I told Julia this is like living on Main Street Disneyland! They have a store for each of us! A rad toy store (jules), an awesome baby girls' clothes store (lauren & me), a fun bike store Ryan insists he is going to get a mountain bike from, and a cute little knick-knack store called Scadoodles that not only has cute things for my house but homemade COOKIES too! SCORE! After our Downtown stroll we went to Outback for dinner and rented movies. It was the PERFECT day!

Sunday Ryan helped around the house and at church I got my first Mother's Day gift- a black eye! Julia bonked her head against my cheekbone and I evidently absorbed all the force because she didn't bat an eye. Kind of cool, makes me look tough! Not really. The rest of our day was very nice. We BBQ and had a banana cake with chocolate ice cream! YUM! I got my real Mother's Day gift, a book called You're The Best Mom Ever. Its a book of stories about other people's moms and what made them so special. I hope to learn from them and be the BEST MOM EVER! Later I watched the West Wing and Survivor season finales. I love politics, hope I get to be involved in them someday! However, I NEVER want to be on a deserted island!
What a day, I'm so thankful to be a mom, my girls are amazing balls of joy, and Ryan gives me so much love, encouragement and support that this really is the GREATEST job in the world! Im so blessed!

1 comment:

Ipuna Black said...

Sounds like a great day, except the eye :)