Saturday, April 29, 2006

We're HERE!!!!!


Its day 6 in Colorado and I can honestly say we LOVE it!!!! What a wild ride it was getting here and settling in, so completely overwhelming!! After actually getting to the airport after being homeless for two days, my favorite person in the whole wide world, our dear President Bush, delayed our take off by two hours so his worthless bum could do who knows what. Finally we were reunited with Ryan at the Denver Airport and headed to our new home. Ryan made a sign that said "Welcome Home Girls" and had balloons in the house. He's so incredibly thoughtful and I am soooooooo grateful for him and love him to pieces!
Honestly the house was a bit of shock to my system. It looked smaller than the pictures, needs new carpet, and has a freakin small kitchen. THEN the SNOW fell!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I started crying. Had we just made the biggest mistake of our lives? Could we just turn around and go HOME? I was freaking out and it made Ryan freaked out. Talk about STRESS! We eventually got the trucks unloaded, beds in rooms, downed some frozen pizzas, and went to sleep.
I had called my mom and she assured me it would all be ok in the morning. She was right. As we started filling the house it got bigger, the kitchen however is still cramped, but it will do. Julia loved playing in the snow and I even got Lauren bundled up for a romp out back. :)

So we have spent the last 6 days adjusting and it has actually turned out really fun! There are so many ways life has changed and its all so great. Here is a list of new things that we love...
1) FRESH AIR, so invigorating and renewing!
2) Julia has been playing with all her toys in our new basement, on our deck, and told me the other day, "Mom, I love our new house."
3) A grassy backyard - Ryan put together a soccer goal for Julia and they had a fun night playing
4) Walking to the neighborhood park, which we use a tunnel to get to and its the BOMB!
5) Sitting closer together at dinner time since its too squishy to leave the leaf in our kitchen table.
6) Just the cool feeling of realizing one of our dreams, and it working out so well!!



We'll be sure to keep updating.


One big milestone is Lauren Grace started rice cereal the other night. Its a work in progress, she really just spits it out, but I can tell she like the idea. :) She is putting everything in her mouth, and is completely enamored by me drinking water bottles, she'll reach for one and want to put it to her mouth. What a cutie pie!


2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh my gosh! I've been wondering about you guys. Tried to call you the other day, but no answer. Snow! That's crazy! Your house looks really cute in the photos. I like the brick on the front. And a deck!!! How cool is that! Glad to hear you're getting settled in & things are good.

Talk to you soon. Love you guys!
Candace

Ipuna Black said...

CUTE!