Friday, April 21, 2006

Trust in Him

Our stake had an Enrichment activity last night and it was the most beautiful program. It was called, Consider the Lilies, and was about how just like pioneer women, we are all on our own individual prairies today. There were stories of women in our stake, about the trials and burdens that have been placed in their lives that have made them trust the Lord and be refined. It was incredible the things that these sisters have endured and have lived through, the loss of children, cancer, divorce, unfulfilled expectations. It made me realize the trial of not selling this house really isn't that big of deal. It made me realize that even though I feel stressed, the Lord is aware of me and my family and is refining us, giving us these opportunities to really trust him (in a new way).
When all we could do was trust him to give us our Lauren Grace, I thought I really learned what it meant to give your will to the Lord. He truly made the impossible, possible. He obviously knows me better than I know myself! As I have watched our savings dwindle away I have wondered HOW we're going to make it. I have brushed off the people in our ward that have had similar experiences, thinking my situation is worse. But now I see them as Heavenly Father's little support group for me, reminders that he knows my concerns and in his time it will work out. His will be done.
It always amazes me when I really understand what little control I have in this life. It is also freeing, knowing that if I can just remember to do the Lord's will I can be an incredible instrument in his hands. Even if my reach only goes to those people who read this blog, are in my ward, or neighborhood, those are the people the Lord needs in my life, and in that I have pure gratitude.
I know The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is true. It has taught me to know my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his life, example, and atoning sacrifice. That I may make this journey through mortality and learn, and learn, and learn again those things that will refine me and make me the daughter he needs me to be, excites me and humbles me. I am grateful for repentance, for the priesthood, and for the temple. I have witnessed miracles through obedience to the principles of the gospel. I have felt my Saviour's love through the power of the Holy Ghost. I give thanks for in the midst of this little trial, the Lord put in place this Enrichment night that I may be uplifted and encouraged to push forward on my own little prairie and inspire me to remember my blessings and testify that Jesus Christ lives, is aware of us, and there beside me as I am refined.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Chanel-
It's great that you can share your testimony like that. I should of went to the Stake Enrichment with you. I missed out.
Michelle

Ipuna Black said...

WOW! I needed that. I agree, sometimes I feel that my trials are great, but more blessings are even greater. Thank you soooo much for that.