Monday, August 14, 2006

Back in the Swing..

Had one of those awesome CO weekends! Look at this view!! We went to a Rockies game- had to - they were playing my CUBS!! (hence the Wrigley Field shirts). Anyway we were in the nose bleed section (of course! tickets are only 6 bucks there!), but it lends itself to this amazing view of downtown Denver, gorgeous! Ryan and I were in heaven! The girls were soooo good! Julia loves going to the ball game and as far as we can tell Lauren is quite a fan too. We lasted til the 7th inning stretch, I joked our girls will probably grow up to think the game ends when "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" is sung. Ryan is adamant that wherever we live it MUST always be near a MLB stadium, I agree, its good old fashion family fun.
Next day was Castle Rock's 125 year Anniversary Celebration. We went downtown and watched the parade, I tried not to yell out obscenities when the Republicans passed by, it was challenging. Julia got to run and grab a few tootsie rolls that the firemen threw to the crowd, it was so Mayberry, I loved it. We looked at new homes, I don't know why we love doing that, wishful thinking. Its so funny but Julia loves doing it too. When we walk into a model she says, "Do you like this one mom?" If I say "Oh yes", she'll say "Me too!" She loves looking for girl bedrooms and will climb right up on the bed and say, "This is my favorite". After that Ryan had to run into work for a while, a major upset, more for him than me, as he was mad enough for the both of us. But the night ended with sloppy joes and the movie Why We Fight, an excellent movie on war and the business behind Iraq. Thanks for the recommendation Candace! It makes me want to get politically involved in the future even more!! For now I just can't wait for '08!!!
I have a couple projects going on this week that I am excited about... first my favorite thing.. making Julia's Halloween costume!!! I have thought about this for at least a year, I'm making her a blue M&M . For her first Halloween I made her a yellow M&M, so now Lauren is going to be yellow and Julia will be blue, yay!!! I am also working on an article for the Ensign, an idea Dr. Swainston gave me, we'll see.
SO nice to be back in the swing of things. I keep thinking about the saying that the joy of life is in the journey, what a journey even each day is!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Sounds like fun! I was thinking about Sadie's Halloween costume already....haven't come up w/ anything yet.

You should totally write an artice for the Ensign!!! How great would that be.