Friday, March 16, 2007

For My Husband

GO REBELS!!!!






Its T-minus 30 minutes before Rebels hit the court in their first game in the BIG DANCE since 2000, and this house has RUNNIN REBEL FEVER BURNIN UP OUR MINDS. (that would be a song from the glory days of 1990 when they WON the tournament!!) Just like this is a picture of Larry Johnson, for you Ryan Dogg!








"I'm sweating bullets", Ryan said today when I talked to him at work and he instructed me to watch the game and call him with updates.



They're playing Georgia Tech and we have good history there, so lets hope history repeats itself-

Jerry Tarkanian-coached UNLV defeated Georgia Tech 90-81 in the semifinals of the 1990 NCAA tournament en route to its only national championship.
Don't you just want to put a towel in your mouth???
GOOOOO REBELS WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! (even though they got punked with a 7 seed!) "Now we got something to prove" says Ryan.
And on a personal note, I have really loved March Madness ever since Julia was born in the midst of it, yes seeing the games always remind me of being in labor while Ryan watched the games...ahhh memories.

5 comments:

tabo said...

Oh that's Tarkanian. Last night when Ryan started throwing his name around, I thought it was some obscure reference to the princess from MIB II. It turns out she's Zarthanian.

Me said...

I dont need to see a doctor, or stay in bed all day. All I need to do is just ot watch those Rebels play. I got Runnin Rebel fever burnin up my mind!!!!!
Oh, George Dare was THE BOMB!!!!!!!
I am so glad you had some of his lyrics in your blog. We, too, are super excited for the Rebs. I was cheering in the car today when they announced that they won! I thought about calling you, but then remembered that you & Ryan were probably keeping major tabs on the game.

Me said...

I met Tark, Larry Johnson, H Walhman, another white guy, and a player with the last name Rice in 1990 when they came to my elementary & I won a prize to come on stage & shake hands with them. I thought I was the coolest kid in school

Ipuna Black said...

We won we won we won we won. The Rebels are back!!!!! Wisconsin is going down!

Anonymous said...

we won AGAIN!! go rebels!