Monday, June 11, 2007

More trip tid bits

Great Pictures of Nauvoo! Erica took the pictures I wish I had! Seriously Nauvoo is the greatest.
I bought this dinner roll basket from a real life Amish man. He was selling them on the side of the road and I was sooooo excited! If you haven't figured out I have a little Amish fetish. I want to be Amish, at least for a day. I was so embarrassed when I bought it because I pull up to his horse drawn wagon in my minivan with DVD players strapped in front of my children and realize I only have a debit card to pay with! DUH! I want to kick my butt for not making a good impression. How am I suppose to get invite to their farm if I am so obviously not Amish? Dang it! Whatever, I at least got a sweet basket!

Then on our way back from Chicago we stopped at my dream store- IKEA! Yeah baby! Ryan and I just walked around dreaming of a life in which we sold all our crap we have now and replace it with Ikea crap, that would be so wonderful! I only got a set of towels (to put in my Amish basket to cover my rolls) and some big ol Ikea bags to bring to the grocery store- NO MORE PLASTIC OR PAPER BAGS! And the best part is the bags were only 59 cents!!!! BEAT THAT suckas! Oprah and her $10 bags, pa-sha!

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

Hey! The pics of the graves are from the other side...like the side that is fenced in with the house. I'm thinking you saw the graves that were sort of slanted right? that's the front of them...or the back..not sure which one is which. Sounds like your trip was super rad! That would've been cool if we could've been there together...oh well..perhaps next time. That basket is sooo cool...wish i would've gotten something like that! Your blog is too cute!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

okay so i need to know ... did you PAY with the debit card? loving you for that story. and i forgot to mention in my last comment: happy anniversary!! and i'm so glad you found a bed & breakfast you liked. okay we really need to chat!

Ryan said...

i paid with QUARTERS! RETARDED!!!

Candace said...

you make me laugh

{Erica} said...

i forgot to say a big ol "Pa-SHA!" to oprah too! I heard about Ikea doing that... I can't wait to get me some of those bags when we go to the new IKEA in utah! sooo cool that they do that!

Nichole said...

I am totally fascinated by the Amish too! I love to learn about cultures different than ours. Fun trip!
I just paid a buck for those bags, Vegas needs an IKEA too!

Jamie said...

I completely agree about the Amish people, they are so fascinating to me! I love the basket and I'm SOOO jealous of your trip! Awesome memories!