Monday, June 18, 2007

Big Daddy

Yahoo for Father's Day! I say that because I didn't have to cook Saturday!!! I forced Ryan to eat out and when all the places he picked were extremely busy or too expensive, we got to go to my favorite- Red Robin! YAY for Father's Day!!! Then Ryan went to use the Gift Card his parents sent to him for Target and while he picked out a watch I picked out a new swim suit and lovely necklace! I LOVE FATHER'S DAY!


The actual Father's Day was slammin. I made him breakfast and then he got his presents! He got a cute little picture foam frame that Julia made in school (it is decorated with crosses and little Jesus fish that you see on the back of people's cars. HA!), 20Q Music addition (we have yet to stump it!), and this wonderful bowl to match his 2004 Father's Day salsa bowl, now he can have chips and salsa! The salsa bowl has Julia's feet and the chip bowl has Lauren's feet. So cute!!
Here they are about to go to church
(yay Lauren can wear a bow!), where Julia sang I Am A Child Of God ( so good!!!) and as protocol Lauren screamed her head off when Julia went up there, so strange! The speakers were really good and it was one of the best church days I have had here! Oh and I have to beem here for a minute, do you see little miss Lauren? Yeah she DRESSED herself today! I am not exaggerating in the least. This little one came walking in my bathroom with her bloomers on and her dress!!! I couldn't believe it! She's incredible!

Afterwards we headed home for our Father's Day BBQ with the Johnsons and Jones. SO FUN! Such amazingly delicious food!!!! I love having my house filled with laughter and love, these will always be some of my BEST memories!!!
And a garden update: we ate the peas, they were super good. And now we have two tomatoes growing!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Common Strawberries!!

9 comments:

Candace said...

you're up & blogging early!

looks like a fun day. Ryan is such a good dad.

i love your chips & salsa bowls. so clever.

Nichole said...

Happy Father's Day Ryan! (and it sounds like Chanel too!)
Fun day!

Heather said...

So much to catch up on your blog...I love it.

First off you two are amazing to DRIVE all the way to Navoo. That makes me crazy just thinking about it. Glad you had an awesome trip. Congrats on the growth in your garden and the bowls are so precious.

Caitlin said...

Yay! Sounds like you had an awesome Father's Day and your pictures are all so cute!

tabo said...

The FD BBQ was great because there was no wind and no hot dogs. And if there would have been hot dogs, they'd have been Colorado dogs--the best kind!

Michelle said...

What a fun day! Holidays are always so fun at the Adam's house. Cute gift idea!

Dylan Todd said...

Happy Father's day, R-Diggity. Truly you are the Big Poppa.

Dylan Todd said...

Which reminds me: R.I.P. Biggie. I know you're still livin' yo life after deff.

Also, you are fooling approximately noone with your "strawberries." I would recognize those leaves anywhere. Those are most assuredly not strawberries, eh, "bud?" You forget, I hung out with Trevor too. You freaking hippies!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

so if you move who will you have AWESOME bbqs with??? remember how much fun we all have? okay focus on something else. i love the presents you had the girls make. you're so stinking creative.