Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Maaaaaavelous Day

Yesterday turned out soooo great! The girls and I headed out to get Ryan's Father's Day gift. It didn't work out exactly how I wanted but that turned into a good thing because we got to stop and have lunch. We went to Panerra, now I realize I am probably the last person in the middle class of America that hasn't eaten there, so forgive me for freaking out here, but that place is AWESOME! I don't know why I have been so skeptical, everyone likes it. I just thought bread? soup? big deal! Yeah dude, its a big deal! I loved loved loved that the kids meal came with organic milk or juice and organic yogurt! How cool is that? Food was GREAT! I'm in love. The most fun part though was just having lunch with my girls. Oh how I love them and am so grateful for them. My little buddies, my best friends, my daughters! Sometimes the weight that I am their mother hits me full force and I am so humbled by this. Lauren is turning into her own little person and I know before I know it she is going to be this intellectual having conversations with us, and I am going to miss this "baby" time where she repeats the same hard to make out word over and over and cracks us up. She and Julia are in full communication which is just adorable. Lauren calls her "JooJa", that's the same way Julia said her own name at that age. Well anyway we watched a "Bear In The Big Blue House" episode the night before and there was a tea party seen where they kept saying every thing was "simply Maaavelous!" so Julia and I began saying that at our lunch and it was just so cute and fun. As we were leaving she called me by saying, "Maaaavelous girl....", she is soooo funny!
We got Ryan's Father's Day presents taken care of and then the girls got to go to Gymboree. Lauren was the only one that showed up so Julia got to go in with her and play, oh they had fun!


This morning when Lauren woke up Julia ran in their room and said, "Remember we went to Gymbazee together Lolinn", so precious! They are just the best of friends and I love it!


So the clincher of the night was DINNER! Candace this one's for you.... Chicken tacos, but here are the secrets..
Guacamole- 3 ripe avocados
1/4- 1/2 c. chopped onion
1Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
Mash it all together- HEAVEN! You can add tomatoes if you like.

Then put a little oil in a pan and cook your tortillas (corn or flour) until light golden, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oh its soooo fabulous!
I put the chicken on the grill first then shredded it and cooked it with taco seasoning.
Fill the tortillas with the guacamole, diced tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and chicken, its the best dinner EVER! We had beans with it, but who cares, you just can't stop eating the tacos and guacamole!
ENJOY!

Tonight we're having this! Im sure it will be incredible!

And on a spiritual note, if you haven't read or heard this talk from conference, take a peek. Holly told me about it forever ago and when I finally read it, man hit me like a ton of bricks. Thanks Hol!


8 comments:

Nichole said...

I have to ask, what did you order at Panerra? I have had it twice and while I am a fan of the kids meal, I don't love what I ordered (except for the broccoli soup, yum!)
I love that you can feel so blessed about your girls all of the time, I mostly just feel crazy!

Candace said...

that's not Lauren's plate with a whole burrito on it? is it?

anyway.....you are such a fun mom! & thanks for sharing the guac recipe.

Ryan said...

yes! ryan made her plate- HELLO!
She can put it away though, just like her mama. :) I just have to cut it up for her.

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to try some good summer recipes. That one sounds good.

That's so cute how the girls are communicating so well. Sisters are fun.

Yeah, tell me what you ordered at Panerra that was reallly good. I was so excited when they opened one on this side of town but I couldn't remember what I like there. I did buy some vanilla Joe Joe's yesterday and am eating those like crazy.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

ahhhh...the guacamole - such heaven! thanks for putting up with my 'homemade jam' craziness. i couldn't help loving the feeling of being mrs. molly mormon. so good to finally hang out again!

Me said...

The tacos look yummy, we're trying them this week! mmmmm, & I loooove homemade guac.

I love that talk so much. I read it at least once a week...because I need it! Isn't it great? Elder Holland is always so happy & hopeful. He's telling me not to be so biting & mean to my husband & children, but he says it with that smile & those cute droopy cheeks! I gotta giggle. I really have learned a lot from it though, I am always repeating in my head, "with the tounge of angels" when I would usually yell.

Anyway, this is long huh? sorry

{Erica} said...

Thanks for the recipe! Loved the talk! Sooo bummed that I didn't see your comment about meeting up at the airport until it was too late. Our flight totally got delayed so we were in the airport for a good 6 hours bored out of our minds! :( we always go through denver on the way to utah...so maybe next time!

Erin said...

Hey, Sydney loves Panerra too. She loves it that she can just have broccoli soup & a blueberry muffin--that's heaven for her. I was excited to see you're trying the pork...hopefully you like it. And I'm totally trying the tacos. They look & sound maaaaavelous. And I do LOVE that talk by Elder Holland too. It was my fave from conference. I have to teach RS for the 1st time in a couple of weeks, and totally wanted to use that talk & then my RS pres. used it this month. Bummer. So now I'm looking for inspiration elsewhere!