Friday, June 22, 2007

Let Me Take You To

Funky Town!

Actually it's Tiny Town, it's an actual town, I think? It's one of those places when you live in Colorado you have to see and store the madness in the back of your subconscious. Miniature houses? Honestly I was hoping miniature people LIVED there and we would have been walking into a complete real life freak show (I'm not right am I?), but it was just doll houses and some of them the kids could go in. The whole reason we went was the in-laws are in town and one must stay busy with the in-laws. For the first part I stayed in the car with a sleeping Lauren who just got her 18month shots- POOR BABE! Her leg is so sore! DUMB NURSE! Anyway here are the pictures I found on my camera....we managed to create our own freak shows. :)
This one makes me laugh! It's Ryan and his brother.






So yesterday m.i.l and I took the girls to The Butterfly Pavilion- now that was cool! They have a room with some NAS-TAY Fear Factor bugs, but the redeeming factor is the rain forest room which is just that and there are literally HUNDREDS of butterflies flying around! It was kinda magical. All the magic ended however when a big A butterfly landed its insect self on my precious baby's forehead! Now I know all you better creative moms would have taken this once in a lifetime moment and gotten a surefire blue ribbon incredible scrapbook page picture, what I did on the other hand was flip my lid and manage to not only scar my child for life with my screaming but flicked the glorious creature off her head with the little guide book we were given, and then proceeded to release another blood curdling scream just for good measure. The rest of the time I had to assure Lauren we were leaving as she kept putting her hand to her head and frowning then making a car noise to let me know she wanted to GO! I think I have brainwashed her enough now that she believes the butterfly was just giving her a kiss and a hug. Fun times! In retrospect it was really cool that the BIG (Im talking covered Luaren's entire forehead big) white butterfly so delicately landed on this angel of mine, like they are just one with each other. What did I think a butterfly would do? Anyway, I am a mother bear, and I will take down ANYTHING that threatens my cubs, yes even gentle butterflies.

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

How cool is that?!!

Candace said...

that photo of Julia looking out the window is FREAKY!! But how cool is mini town!

You are cracking me up about the butterfly too.

Just recently on a trip to Target I saw a little yellow buttlerfly flying down an aisle. It was so cool.

I didn't know your in-laws were visiting. How long are they going to be there?

Nichole said...

How funny!
Vegas needs some of these cool places too!

Caitlin said...

Those little town pictures are hilarious!

Me said...

how wacky. the picture of Ryan & his brother is so funny. it's like "fat guy in a little coat" but not

Michelle said...

Lauren got a butterfly kiss. Looks like a fun place especially for the kids.
I think it's funny how you don't call youyr mother in law by her name. What is her name anyway?