Monday, April 02, 2007

Last and First

I am sick, ill, chained down, addicted. I can't stop blogging and it is a problem. I check this thing like seventy times a day. Healthy? NO! Right now my baby girl is calling "mommommommom", but I know she's safely locked in her chair and will be fine until I finish this sentence. This happens all the time and I am ashamed. Sooooo...since it has been a year of our Colorado Adventure I think it is time to slow my role and chill on the blog scene.

I think I will do it Mondays and that's it. SO either get ready for 7 days worth of blogs on Monday, or just less spouting off of the mouth and trying to impress you all with my wicked great skills.

So the first Monday blog and last addicted blog.....

Julia had a great Princess Birthday Party. Best of all was having her best friend Avry here! Michelle and Avry came in to help make Jules' birthday extra special. The girls had such a good time as always. Sleepovers for 3/4 year olds are not as much fun though. We tried to let them sleep in Julia's bed together, but after about 5 getting ups, and drinks of water, and rolling on each others hair it was time to separate them for the night. The party was fun, pretty low key, but that was my gift to me. :) We played musical thrones (musical chairs), poison apple (hot potato), and Mermaid races (sack races). Then we dug into Sleeping Beauty's dress. I love making special birthday cakes!
Loved General Conference! Had to watch it on our computer and it kept freezing but we got most of it. When you hear the Prophet and apostles talk there is such a spirit, a truth, a simplicity.
Until next week-
Oh and dont' think I won't give in and check YOUR blog. :)

8 comments:

Candace said...

NOOOO!!! You must post more than just once a week! Pleeeease!

I was checking blogs in my dream the other night. A little sick, I know. But I have no TV & no husband right now.

The cake is GORGEOUS!!! I'm amazed. I could never do that.

And what a creative momma you are. Those birthday games are so cute! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all.

Michelle said...

The party was so cute and so well thought out... all the details. The girls were so into those games. It was really great to be there!

I will definitely miss your blogs too but I understand. It is so addicting. I'll just have to call you more now.

Looking forward to when your blog break is over.

Nichole said...

I am addicted too!!!
I usually only blog once a week, but spend many hours reading everyone else's and commenting.
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you!
I could be so much more productive with my afternoons if I weren't blog stalking!
I say WAY TO GO!!!! I will look forward to the weekly updates!

Caitlin said...

I'm with Candace, this stinks. I love your blog updates and, between you and I, I have totally been stalking your new political blog...

Ladybug said...

Hey, there! Any friend of Rebecca's is good people! Glad to talk to you. Cute blog, cute kiddos and mega-awesome cake! What every girl needs is a great Barbie cake! Color me jealous. :)

Hope this comes out how I mean it--sometimes I sound harsher than I intend. I think our schools have enough money because we spend on average about $5000 per student and the kids still aren't getting a good education. Somehow the money is caught up in administrative fees and district charges so it doesn't get to the classroom. Teachers should make a lot more money (like $100,000) so we could draw the best talent. Instead we get people who can't think of anything else to do (quite a few of my teachers were inept) and people who are so committed to kids that they can't do anything else (these guys are the change-your-life-forever-teachers, Amazing!!) but they can barely support their families on what they make. Plus, they can't do everything they are expected to do for the kids. Districts and some bad parents (usually not the majority of parents) make it so hard on the teachers that I would like to see them get paid much better for their time. With all the billions we are pouring into the school system, I'd like to see where it's going because it certainly isn't going to the school facitilies, the classrooms or the teachers. I think it's mismanagement by big government. Instead of just continuing to fund it, I want it restructured and I think school vouchers would help because parents would have more local control.

As far as Iraq, I think the Islamic facists have all headed there and they are now the bulk of the insurgents we are fighting. Those are the guys who hate the U.S. enough to shoot children in an effort to get our soldiers to stop and then they blow up the soldier with the kid. These are the most villianous creatures I can imagine. They have flocked from all over the middle east, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan because they know if we establish a democracy in Iraq it will ruin their recruiting tool. They currently recruit poor kids by blaming their poverty on the U.S. Not that our foreign policy is always wonderful but the primary cause of their misfortune is their own bad governments, not ours. If there was a free country of Arabs it would prove that they could succeed and that would undermine all those terrorists leaders. Terrorists will look for ways to hurt us. At least now, a lot of them are occupied in Iraq, in one place, and we can get rid of them, or at least make a dent.

Ok, this is really, really long and I apologize for that. I am full of ideas, which I usually think are right, but my sister will frequently point out errors with my theories and so by talking them thru I usually get to what is a more middle road. I'm still pretty much an arch conservative though. It will be fun to hear what you think.

Take care and have fun with your little princesses!

Amber said...

Girl birthday parties look so fun! You are such a fun mom!

Me said...

Who needs a princess when you mom is as fun as you?! You impress me verily.

Good for you deciding to blog less. Funny that we both had that epiphany at the same time. (the universe at work again) We can compare notes on all the wonderful things we are spending our time on now!