Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One Year Anniversary!

"They" say the first year is always the hardest. There is a lot of adjusting; getting use to how the other one does things, sharing enough time TOGETHER is important, working through your differences. Well I'm glad we have gotten through our first year with flying colors. Colorado and us are a much more perfect match then we even realized a year ago.
We did go through an adjustment period, but seeing as how the goof is SNOWING again today and I am just ready to roll with the punches, I'd say we have come a long way.
We have spent practically every minute of every day together and have learned so many new things about one another. For instance, Colorado isn't all Rocky Mountains. There is a lot of farm land, actually there are cows all over the place! I would have never guessed!!! Colorado is always so full of surprises. Colorado has given us so much, places to camp, friends to love, Maggianos, Coors Field, The Zoo, a BASEMENT, daffodils in our front yard, lots of trails to walk, great schools, sledding & snowmen, outdoor movies, so many new things to love. And this will probably embarrass us both, but I love how Colorado smells really fresh after a (rain) shower.
Every couple does have there differences though, and we are no different. Colorado is very law abiding, and though we're far from Bonnie and Clyde, I like to put the pedal to the metal. Colorado quickly put an end to that with a lovely speeding ticket, which I was not happy about. I admit I was ready to go back to my old Love, but no I stuck it out and Colorado has proven to be a very good balance for me. Colorado has the nicest citizens too. Although I have lost two debit cards, (three if you count the one I lost in my own house) both times random strangers contacted me and my bank to give them back. Then Ryan left his manbag at the park at scouts and we got a call three days later from a man who found it and looked us up and wanted to return it. I know what you're thinking, these people wanted rewards right? NOPE, they're just genuinely nice people here, but that's the affect Colorado has on people.
So yes it has been a good year, we're so happy we took the leap.
Now if Colorado would only stop playing these silly pranks with the snow life would be perfect!

9 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

hear, hear with the snow ... i cannot believe it's snowing again. but i must say that the joneses for one are very glad that y'all and colorado are a good match. cute post. :)

tabo said...

Thanks for sharing such an intimate insight. Every good relationship needs a song. Will you go with the classic "Where the Columbines Grow" or the recently acquired "Rocky Mountain High"? Or will you skip state songs altogether and settle for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Colorado Christmas"?

Anonymous said...

They say that if you put a penny in a jar every time it snows during your first year, and pull one out every time it snows thereafter, you'll never take out all of the pennies. Wait. Maybe that wasn't snow they were talking about. Anyway, happy anniversary.

ashley said...

snow? what is that about? i think i would ask for a divorce right about now, but i am glad to hear that you are working these things out. i think that colorado sounds like a cool place, and you colorado cool cats are the best!

Nichole said...

I think that you should do a post dedicated to Ryan's man bag!!
I am happy that Colorado is working out for you. Your other love could really use some of that wet weather!

Michelle said...

Cute blog Chanel. Your other love also has Maggiano's at the Fashion Show Mall and a zoo. I know you can't really call that thing a zoo.

I can't believe it's been a year already!

Ladybug said...

Chanel,
Loved this post, extra witty! :) Even with the snow it sounds pretty darn tempting, especially from the land of "don't-talk-to-your-neighbor-California. Although with my lead foot I am grateful for CA's lax speed limit enforcement. Must give you much love for your awesome rescue of Rebecca!! You are the greatest!! You are my favorite environmentalist forever now!! :)
You go girl!!

Caitlin said...

For a second I was saying to myself, Chanel and her husband have only been married a year. I'm a dope. I feel the same way about Boise. It's not better than Vegas, it's just different (well, maybe a little better).

Me said...

Cute way of talking about your first year. You aren't supposed to be liking it more & more, you are supposed to hate it by now & want to come home. ha Im glad you're happy.