Wednesday, April 25, 2007

When It Rains It Pours...

Or at our house....SNOWS!

Yesterday turned into a full fledged blizzard, but no big deal, we're vested CO cool cats now, right?

Lauren had mom & tot swim lessons that we were super excited about. It made it even more fun because Rebecca and baby Colton were doing them with us. Due to road conditions being what they are in an unannounced blizzard, Rebecca had a minor problem- car-stuck-in-snow. With a call to me, I went into rescue mode and hopped in the trusty Elantra and came to save her day. This poor woman was rescued in FLIP FLOPS! I see her hunkered down bracing herself against the storm trying to protect her baby from the enormous snowflakes and serious wind, in FLIP FLOP! I felt like the pioneer rescue party that went to save the saints stuck in the winter snows on the plains. It was exhilarating!!! Can I just take a moment to say I love Rebecca's Texas denial that she lives in a place that snows in April. Her sheer disbelief and disgust makes it so much easier for me to handle this weather. Her pain is great enough for both of us. I teased her that her flip flop rebellion against the snow was admirable, but the sad fact we learned yesterday is, you really can't will a blizzard away.

So anyway Lauren is a little fish! She loves the water and is a great bubble blower and back floater! Her walking obviously needs a little work since she slipped on our way out and split her lip and ripped the frenula off her gums. We went to a pediatric dentist today who said it should heal easily and all should be fine. Poor babe, it looks so painful, but it really doesn't bother her. I love kids' resiliency.
Today we made a couple snowmen and actually it was too warm outside to work very hard. This weather is officially NUTS! We're looking forward to a REAL spring weekend in the upper 70's!!!
Last night I had an awesome girls night out with my gal pals. OUTBACK baby! We stayed till we were the last ones in the place (although that wasn't hard since it was still snowing at 10:30pm!). GNOs rock! Love laughing so very hard!
Thats the latest around here!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
{Erica} said...

My little one ripped her frenulum as well...twice! The first time it hadn't connected back to the gums but the second time it ripped it even further up. The dentist said that it'll never heal back to the gums, but if it bothers her when she's older they can just cli that little flap of skin...ugh....

Me said...

Glad to hear little Lauren is allright. Never a dull moment, huh? Look forward to many more injuries to come with the second child!!

So good to hear your voice on the phone today. How I miss it when I don't!

Michelle said...

Sorry Chanel for telling you about Sage.. maybe you wouldn't of taken her to the dentist if I didn't tell you about her frenulum problem. That's a funny word.
But on the brighter side at least Lauren's ok. That's great.

I can't believe the snow!

barlows said...

Thank you, thank you for allowing me into your blog world:) Your amazing attitude about the snow is inspiring. I'd be an emotional wreck if it snowed in April, especially at the end of the month, too.

Erin said...

Oooh, that sounds (and looks) so painful! I hope she'll be better soon. I guess you just keep lots of popsicles on hand (especially when it's snowing)? I'm glad you got a girls' night. I did that last night, and they are THE BEST! Sometimes the only way to stay sane, I believe.