Monday, April 30, 2007

Goggles and Tents

The nice weather is BACK baby and these Colorado Cool Cats are out and about once again! YAHOO!!!! What a weekend, it feels so great to do things again! We started with swim lessons for Julia- she did great, except she's in that "Im silly" stage which I wish the teacher would chill out on instead of go with. But anyway she is super excited again about the water and is putting her face in and floating, so woohoo! And can I just say I LOVE how she looks in goggles! It is the funniest thing ever! She was very excited about lessons and had to wear her goggles in the car on the way there. Lauren, the excellent Julia impressionist that she is, wants to wear the goggles too and she looks just as hilarious!



Ryan and I actually got a babysitter and went to the temple- our first time together here in CO. It was way cool, but he brings out the irreverence in me! Maybe its just that we're NEVER alone together and all I want to do is talk his ear off, but it was super cool to be together there.

That night we set up our small tent in the backyard to do a practice camp out! F-U-N! I especially enjoyed the camping since I was literally 10 feet away from my bed and could actually here it calling my name. Needless to say Lauren and I camped in the house like Lame-O's, but whatever we SLEPT. Ryan and Jules roughed it and had a great time- so sweet!Before Lauren and I wimped out we had pizza dinner in there together and just laughed and laughed watching the girls fall down and be crazy. I LOVE THEIR LITTLE BELLY LAUGHS!



Life is so good!

7 comments:

barlows said...

I've come to the concensus that you guys are super parents. The fact that you did all that this weekend AND were blogging about it Monday morning at 6am prooves my point! The Barlows will be taking points from y'all.

Erin said...

You guys are so good...we got a babysitter Sat. night and what did we do? We went to dinner & a movie. We're heathens. I love the idea of a campout in the backyard! I think it's so cute, but Kevin laughed at me when I told him we should do that. We both know our own beds just a few feet away would be too much to resist. Sleep these days is too precious. But GOOD FOR YOU! You're way nice parents.

Michelle said...

I can't wait to show the picture of Julia in her goggles to Avry when she gets up from nap. How cute! Hopefully it will inspire Avry to wear goggles.

I thought you were going to say that when you go to the temple with Ryan you want to come home and multiply and replenish the earth.

Me said...

The girls in those goggles!! ohmy,sooo cute!
The backyaard campout sounded very fun. What great memories for Jules.
5 days ago it snowed, today you were out back trying to work on your tan. bizare

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

cutest family ever. what an awesome idea to set up the tent! i'm loving it. and there is NO shame in sleeping in the house girl!

Julie Q. said...

I know we went camping several times when I was a kid but what I remember most vividly were the times we pitched a tent in the back yard.

Thanks for letting me view your blog. Your daughters are adorable (even when injured, ouch). You use your blog as I originally intended: more like a journal and family scrapbook. I think it's marvelous. My blog sort of got away from me and took on a life of its own. I'll have to start another one when I've got the time. Ha ;)

{Erica} said...

That's hilliarious that you did it outside...kudos to you...we set up our tent's "test run" in the comfort of our living room. Weh had foil dinners and smores (both oven made) and watched movies all night :). That's my kind of camping....