Wednesday, May 02, 2007

And Father Of The Year Goes To.....

RYAN!
Last night he watched the girls while I worked out, and what do I come home to????
HOMEMADE OATMEAL COOKIES!!!! I couldn't believe it! The man looked up a recipe online, made them with the girls, and they were BETTER than mine! He is incredible! I LOVE YOU RYAN!!!! And I love Julia b/c she added chocolate chips to the recipe even though it didn't call for them- THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!!!

For those of you wondering who my favorite Mormon is, let me just say hands down, the black lady on the PBS documentary last night. In a nutshell she explained our religion's beginnings as "a white boy, some dead angel, and gold plates". Does it get any better than that? Seriously Ryan and I want to be in her ward!
We really liked the documentary. If you click on "join the discussion" on the website there are some really good comments.
Also on one of my favorite blogs there is a talk she gave in church on The Parable Of The Talents, if you have time and want some great spiritual insight read on.

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

I looved that comment as well..she cracked me up! Thanks for the link...going to it now. We do write about similar things...great minds do think alike!!!

Erin said...

Amen, sista! That lady was great--I loved it when she said the missionaries knocked on her door & she thought it was the PO-LICE! And I am SO impressed with Ryan making the cookies. However, are you sure he wasn't trying to sabotage your workout, giving you freshly baked cookies to come home to? Of course that would be way too irresistable...and chocolate chips are a definite must in oatmeal cookies.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

chanel ... what would i do without your perspectives? loved our little swim lesson chat. i need to have more compassion in my life. and you missed the naked woman in the locker room. she paraded around butt naked for easily 15 minutes. this little naive mormon mind could barely handle it. :)

Michelle said...

That lady was hilarious! I liked how she said... the LSD church... now that's the one for me!

Ryan you put all the other husbands to shame. I'll have to tell Spence what you did and maybe he'll be inspired.

tabo said...

I only caught the first night of that Mormons documentary, and I was sleepy at that. What I learned though is that Mormons have a history of polygamy. That said, do you think Ryan is looking to marry agai?. I mean, I'm in. Bring on the cookies!

Ipuna Black said...

How cool. You do have a great man! That is awesome. Except, there goes the work out :). I guess it gives you more incentive to work out. Then, you could come home to more goodies:).