Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is this what Heaven is like?

I have been so in love with life here lately. Spring is something to behold in Colorado! Tulips are everywhere, lilac bushes are perfuming the neighborhoods, the air is so fresh and sky so crystal clear blue, it is really heaven. Last night Ryan had Scouts at a park further from our house, after feeding Lauren I put her on the back of my bike and we rode down there. It was such an incredible ride! There is this strip of land that has a sidewalk through it, it is was all grassy and no one else was there, so peaceful. I told Lauren, "you're so lucky to be growing up here!" I was in flip flops, jean shorts, and a sweatshirt and it was dusk, honestly so ideal.
My new favorite thing is to ride bikes with the girls in the seats on back. Why didn't we do it last year??? It is the best!
And the above mentioned lilac bushes are also my all time favorite! They smell like my childhood. Smell is probably one of my favorite senses, next to sight, TASTE, touch, and hearing. I love smelling things that bring me back to my childhood. The chapel on Viking, across from Chaparral, always smells like church to me. The chapel here kind of smelled that way to me when we moved here- nice.

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

last night was absolutely gorgeous. how can i complain! i will say (heaven help me) that nights in colorado are soooo much better than in texas. i love how the honeysuckle trees smell around here. it IS heaven.

Erin said...

Are you just trying to make all of us desert rats jealous??? 'Cause we totally are. We're roasting down here at a disgusting 98 today! Yuck. I'm glad you're loving it. Wasn't it very recently that you just had SNOW?!

Michelle said...

Yeah you're making me jealous too. It's already getting so hot in Vegas. I'm sure it's so nice to have cooler nights and four real seasons. I wonder what that's like.