Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mama's Day Is A Comin!

I LOVE being a mom!
***Flowers picked for me from Julia. LOVE YA KIDDO!!! THANKS!!!!
With Mother's Day around the corner, I sure haven't read too many blogs about what's up. Strange, since like every blogger I know is a mama, hot mamas at that!
I have been really excited about this Mother's Day, no particular reason, just seems like its going to be fun. Julia is a Sunbeam which means she'll be singin at church which I am way excited about, except the song they're going to sing rings a little too close to home and I have found myself more than once wondering if this ward is mocking me. The song is "Mother, Tell Me the Story" and the last line always says, and then I'll go to sleep. So does the whole ward know I live for nap/bed time? Is it so wrong, that I cry over their sweet sleeping bodies? That I love them beyond belief when they are incapacitated. I mean I love them when they are awake and running around and saying the funniest things, (like "Dad you smell like an elephant" when we rode past some manure), but seriously when they are unconscious they are pure angels. The more I think about it, that song just bugs, as if bargaining the entire day to get them to do what I want isn't enough, they have leverage at bed time too? Its the truth though right?
Julia's verse: "Tell me story, rock me, sing me a song, no just 5 songs, bring me some cheese, I need more water please, and then I'll go to sleep".
Second verse is Lauren's " Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. mom mom mom mom mom. And then I might sleep three hours straight."
But like I said I'm looking forward to "my" day. It is something so special to be a mom. It is not something granted to all women, its not an inherent right as it might seem, it is truly something to be cherished and I honestly, with all that I am and feel, am grateful to be a mom.

4 comments:

Me said...

you've convinced me that Mother's Day isn't just a day manufactured by a group of moms that wanted to feel liked for a day. I love being a mom, too. you said that so well. it was so fun talking to you about this the other day, and Im cracking up again reading this. That song is what gets me, "then I'll go to sleep." heehee Usually the best part of the day, huh?!

Nichole said...

Happy Mother's Day Chanel. I love being a mom too, even though it can be so stressful sometimes.
I love to sneak in and peak at my sleeping angels too. Makes all of the crazy times so worth it!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

such a good post girl. and so true. now i've got to go give colt a huge hug.

Amber said...

I agree with you! I think all kids are so cute & precious when they are sleeping!