Saturday, September 02, 2006

Injuries abound

It all begins with a walk I took with the girls Wednesday. I thought I felt a bug on my face and swatted it away, guessing I probably would have a lovely mosquito bite right on my head that everyone would think was a huge zit. Later that night it itched, so I was right. Thursday woke up with a BAD pain in my neck, didn't think the bite and the pain were related, until around 3pm when I looked in the mirror and saw my forehead was the size of a softball! I figured then that my neck was probably a lymphnode pain and that I was having a reaction to the bite. Yeah, Friday I woke up and the swelling had lent itself to my right eyelid, I went to the doctor and all he said was take Benedryl. I HATE IT WHEN DOCTORS TELL YOU WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW! What a waste of money! On top of looking like the elephant woman, I had been on about three hours sleep because Lauren is teething something terrible. (She better be getting them all at once, because the poor babe just can not sleep.) Well I can't very well put her down or she wails, so I was draining Julia's macaroni and cheese while holding Lauren and accidentally poured the water on Lauren's foot! I knew immediately what happened and just kept thinking "God no, please don't let this be bad." It was though, I whipped her sock off and skin came with it, oh, I couldn't believe it! I put it in cold water right away and just held her singing wheels on the bus until she was in this comatose state. I took her foot out of the water and she jumped and cried and then I tried to put it back in the water and she cried harder, I was just sick! I prayed and called the doctor. When I took her in they said it should be ok, put some sulfur cream on it that numbs it and wrapped it up. MY POOR BABY! I felt terrible, I didn't really cry untill Ryan got home, and then I just felt it all. What a terrible day. She's been fine ever since, a rough night, but I think it just might be the teeth still. On top of it all we were supposed to get our family pictures taken today! I'm very glad to report there have been no more catastrophes in the last 24 hours, so hopefully our Labor Day will end on a good note. We changed Lauren's bandages and she didn't even cry, sooooo thankful for that! If she would just sleep now for more than 30 minutes at a time life would be great, oh yeah and if this swelling around my eye would GO AWAY!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Oh man! I kept covering my eyes while reading this. Hope everyone is doing better.

Anonymous said...

I forget that I can leave messages on here too! Anyway, please tell me your Labor Day was good. You have been through enough! (and I want to see a pic of the swelling)

Michelle said...

I feel so bad for Lauren... and you too! I hope you're all doing well now.

Ipuna Black said...

I am sorry that happened. I am glad she is doing well now. Silvadene works well on burns.

A home remedy is Maynoise. Just something I learned in school. I also tried it on myself one time and it worked. It is best right after a burn.