Wednesday, September 13, 2006

9/11

This year's anniversary of 9/11 had such an impact on me. I was glued to the t.v. and CNN's website where they showed the attacks in real time- freaky! There was part of me that just wanted something different to happen, that the broadcast would have different results, like "everyone escaped before the buildings fell" or "the firemen put out the fire", crazy I know, but I just couldn't help it. In the end what it did was give me a clear perspective on how blessed I am. I wanted to do something in honor of those people who lost their lives, and the families who have gone through hell and back. What could I do? I finally decided just LIVE. DO something that day because I have my life, I have my family, and I don't live with terrible grief and opportunities taken from me. So we went into Denver picked Ryan up and went to a park to have lunch together. It was so nice! An absolutely beautiful day and it felt wonderful to be with Ry in the middle of it. Thinking of all the husbands/ daddies that were taken on that day kills me. We are so so so lucky and blessed to have Ryan. After lunch and little stroll through a sweet park, the girls and I headed to the zoo. I'm proud to say we tore it up! The ONLY thing we didn't see were the gorillas and orangutans. We went everywhere in that park and the girls were so good. Lauren can really enjoy it now. I think when she saw the polar bear she said "dog". It was the same sound she makes when she sees Moby, VERY VERY cute!!!

Love this picture, even though its a bit blurry. It was taken back when we were all sick, but I think it captures the essence of Ryan's dadness. He loves his girls so much, its so sweet. He is in Montana right now. Our day is going well, thankfully! We went to the library and right now both girls are napping. I think when they get up we'll go to the park, gotta kill some daylight, and its ridiculous for me to live so close to a park and not go all the time! It is a gorgeous day. Last night I was reflecting on how bad I would miss Ryan so we sat up and talked, he had me gasping for breath I was laughing so hard!!! He was telling me about people he works with, funny stuff!

Tomorrow I go to Julia's class, Im really excited. It will be interesting to see what the little kid does for 2 1/2 hours, she never tells me! She always says, "I can't amember mom!" I'm sure I'll have lots to report!

2 comments:

Ipuna Black said...

You guys sound so happy.

Candace said...

great photo! Love it!