Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Doing Good

SO we had FHE last night because we kinda forgot Monday was Monday since the traumatic weekend we had. (Glad to report we're all better- yay! Even Lauren's foot has a nice scab, the doc says it will be gone in no time.) I planned to give a lesson on the Holy Ghost, but Julia saw the pictures of Easter and wanted to hear/ help me tell the story of Christ's last days. It was way cute, she gets so into it. (Ryan took her to a baptism Saturday, and she soaked in so much! She totally knows you get baptized when you're eight, not that she understands when 8 is, but she knows Jesus was baptized, heck she knows what baptized is! Anyway, sorry I keep skipping around, so we're having FHE and I start talking about the Holy Ghost and using a candle as an object lesson. Julia seems into it, Lauren was squirmy (glad Ryan was holding her), and as we end Julia says, "I haf tell Jesus someing. Jesus I wan a cat." Oh my gosh, I about died laughing! That girl is CRAZY! Where did that come from? Actually it goes back to the Saturday baptism when Julia told Ryan she wanted a cat and he said no. Isn't it funny how their little brains work! Yeah she better pray for a cat, because it will take a miracle for us to ever get one of those creatures.
Now speaking of miracles, can I just say there have been some pretty incredible things going on in this house and in this body of mine. Talking to Candace about it on the phone helped me even more to understand the magnitude, she such a spiritual person and I am so grateful for her in my life! Everyone needs a person like that, especially when you're a convert and there aren't family members to talk to. I read my scriptures yesterday, just right smack dab in the middle of the day with the girls playing in front of me. Told Julia I had to read my scriptures and I'd play in a minute. Thought I had to do it when I thought about it, and doing it in front of the girls is setting a good example right? Didn't finish a chapter, but got something out of it. Last night I remembered a promise I made to HF to act on a prompting I felt, writing a letter to someone in Vegas, not exactly sure why, but felt I needed to. Anyway, blessings galore this morning! Can't wait to call some of ya and let you know all about it!
Gotta focus on today's good now.

2 comments:

Ipuna Black said...

We need to get better about FHE. I think it is so important! Great work!

Candace said...

You are so amazing! We kinda fell out of a scripture reading plan & I've been feeling so strongly that I need to just read them while I'm spending so much time laying around. Great example! Thanks for sharing.