Saturday, November 11, 2006

1st Mommy Daughter Date

Last night Julia and I went to see DCHS production of Beauty and The Beast. She was so excited all week and especially all day. She believed it was the REAL Belle and Beast we would see. Ahhh, to be 3! I asked her earlier in the day if she thought they were on the airplane right now, (you know cause they live in Disneyland). I asked if she thought the people on the plane would be scared to have a Beast on the plane with them. She assured, "No they will not!"



We had to start our date off right with a stop at Cold Stone. Oh how I love cake batter ice cream! Julia had her first like it- chocolate ice cream with gummy bears! I suggested sprinkles, marshmallows, M&Ms. But she saw the jar of gummy bears and said, "what bout dese?", it was soo cute! So we had fun, eating ice cream and discussing what Santa might be bringing this year.



The show was fantastic!!! We have some very talented students in this town! Chaparral never came close to such an amazing production! The best part of the night was watching Julia clap after each scene. Ohhhh, melted my heart to see her clap so fervently and happily. She'd look at me with eyes filled with amazement at what she had just seen. It was priceless.



It was so great to take her to this, a very inexpensive first taste of theatre. I love the theatre. My first taste was Les Miserable in London- nice first taste huh? But I was 20 years old. I am so glad to be opening the world up to Julia at such a young age. I want her possibilities to be endless. I want her to know what theatre is and possibly want to be involved when she's older. If she has any of her dad's genes she'd be excellent! She's got a lot of drama and directing ability already naturally in her that's for sure. It was a truly enchanting night, a life long memory.

6 comments:

Candace said...

So darling! What a cute idea to go out, just the two of you. Sounds like it was a fun time,

Ipuna Black said...

How fun. I agree, You would not have seen this at Chap. I love Cold Stone!

Dylan Todd said...

"Chaparral never came close to such an amazing production!"

Pffft. Whatever. Obviously you know nothing about the theatuh because Gus Mathews is a dramatic genius. He's like William Shakespeare. Only gayer.

Dylan Todd said...

And I do mean "gayer."

ashley said...

how fun- mommy daughter dates! your making me want ice cream and my husband just finished off the good stuff last night... bugger.

Michelle said...

It's so fun to have daughters to do fun stuff with!