Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good mom in Autumn

WOW! Pictures actually worked today!!! I may have gotten carried away, but we've been having some FUN! WE LOVE FALL!!!!!! Check out the beautiful colors around here! It's amazing!! We especially love the tree in our front yard- the one Julia is posing under. That was last Friday by now almost all the leaves have fallen. We're getting a rake Friday and plan to do some major playing and jumping!!!
Today I made pretzels. Soooo yummy! Don't ya wish blogger had scratch and sniff? Julia helped and when they came out of the oven she was so excited to eat one. "MMMMM, so nummy" she said and I suddenly felt like such a good mom. The bad days always seem to be at the forefront of my mind, so it felt great to think, "I'm giving my girls such a happy childhood". Warm homemade pretzels on a crisp autumn day, hello Norman Rockwell. Speaking of Rockwell moments, this morning I went on Julia's class's first field trip. It was awesome, I am such a dork for forgetting my camera, but we went to this canyon and they took a nature hike and filled baggies with things from fall. They had fun and it was soooo cute to watch. But there always has to be one kid who pees their pants right? Too bad today was MY KID'S turn. Poor Jules. It's my fault for not taking her before we left, all I could think about was Billy Maddison- "Its cool to pee your pants". Fuuuunay! Luckily another well prepared mom had an extra pair of pants in her car so all was well. Wearing some boy's sweatpants with no underwear- now that makes a field trip great! I love how adaptable Julia is!
This weekend we went to the dogpark and remembered our camera. The view in this shot isn't very pretty, and does no justice to the great surroundings, but we're all in it so what's better than that? Ryan says this will be one of those old family pictures that the girls will remember for always. We look like weirdos!
Also loved Conference this weekend! We watched all but the first session Saturday morning (hence the dog park). I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. Thankful for a prophet on the earth today and the guidance and encouragement he and his counselors give. Love the spirit that fills our hearts and home when we listen to them speak of the Savior and His love for us. I want to be a better member missionary, want to be bold and excited like I was before I was baptized. I'm going ot be more conscious of that.
Finally I am almost done with Julia's quilt- it is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I am way excited!!! I need to make it a little bigger so will take a picture when its done. I just love being creative!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great blog, Chanel. For some reason I didn't think Colorado would change colors in the fall. I was really wrong.

And our computer does have scratch and sniff. Just take a look at my blog and scratch the picture of the computer monitor. It smells exactly like a computer monitor.

Michelle said...

It is so pretty there! You are such a good mom Chanel. Those pretzels looked so good!
I really enjoyed Conference too. It was very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Quilts? Pretzels?! Being Creative??!! You are amazing! Thanks for inspiring me today & making me feel normal because we are both not.

Candace said...

don't you just love the trees changing colors?! I need to get out and take some photos too.

Your pretzels look soooooo yummy. And way to go with the quilt. You got that done fast!

Ipuna Black said...

How and the heck did ou make those pretzels! They look sooooo perfect! Good job. You sound so happy! I love it.

Ipuna Black said...

I just noticed I messed up. It should be you on my first line. Oops. :)