Sunday, October 22, 2006

New tricks

A couple of new fancy tricks going on around the Adams' household....
Julia LOVES holding, or should I say picking up, her baby sister. It's actually very cute, well now that I showed her how to hold Lauren under her arms and not around the neck. ( Do you just love this picture? It says it all, with Jules' little tongue sticking out because Lauren is a bit heavy for her, and Lauren's face, like "umm this is not so cool." Love it!) Julia is such a great big sister and wonderful helper to me! I love her so much and am always so proud of her! She protects Lauren something fierce! Most of the time Julia is grabbing Lauren off the bottom stair or two to save her from falling off the stairs. Which is the next trick going on around here. Lauren crawls up our stairs like its nothing! I can't believe how quickly she caught on to that! She stands alone really well too, so I am sure walking is not far away. My baby!!! Come back!!!
This weekend Julia's school had a Fall Festival. Ryan volunteered to help in the jumpy obstacle course so the girls got unlimited access. They had a blast. They have such a fun dad! He had a blast launching Julia over the walls and jumping with Lauren in his arms .

On a rare note, Ryan and I seemed to learn a new trick ourselves, putting the girls to sleep and watching movies! Can you believe it? We did something together without the girls and stayed awake???? We watched The Break Up and Click, both super funny. It was a lot of fun. Yeah especially to watch Ryan's amazement at the amount of food I am able to consume late at night. I love me some Halloween candy, and popcorn, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies; I can't help myself! Holiday eating has begun here!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

She is getting so big! Tonight we went to my sister's house (Jay) for dinner and out of no where she asked if you moved. Then she asked if you had your baby yet! It shows how fast time really does go by.

Candace said...

I love Julia's tongue hanging out & Laurens little round bottom on the stairs. Too cute!

Ipuna Black said...

K.C. and I do that all of the time. It is kind of like our date. We put the kids to bed and watch movies while eating junk. I think it is important to have time alone as well.