Friday, June 16, 2006

Normal returns

It is official Julia has given up the Nuk! Hallelujah! Lauren however has gotten a hankering for one lately, so I'm sure we'll be going down this long road again. I'm terrible, but I think my babies look so cute sucking on one, so I'm not really against it, especially at night when it helps them fall back asleep.
Anyway, it has been an exciting week. We got our minivan, which we all love. It's blue so Julia has named it "Sally" after the blue Porsche in the movie Cars. Blue is as close to a Porsche we'll ever get! Yesterday she got out of it and said, "Thanks for the ride Sally." She kills me!
We got her bunk beds today, so we can put her bed in the basement as we eagerly await guests! It will be interesting to see how much she likes these bunk beds, I know as kids my brothers and I always wanted them, so we'll see.
I started and finished Ryan's Father's Day present, which I am sooooo proud of myself for figuring out. I can't say what it is in case he reads this before Sunday, but be looking for a picture come Father's Day- it's awesome!
I also made this cool wooden flag at Enrichment yesterday, I love being crafty!
Today its a chilly 62 degrees, which is so incredible to me. I LOVE COLD summer days, never knew such a thing existed! It's a far cry from last Friday though, which this picture shows. I stripped the girls down to their skivvies for a nap, it was so hot that day. They're so cute!
Julia and I have been scrapbooking, well I have, she's been singing at the top of her lungs silly songs, coloring all over my paper, and playing babysitter and making dinner at her Dora kitchen. I am so amazed by her imagination, it is adorable to behold.
That's the update around here. I fear life may be getting back to normal and the blogs may be boring for outside readers, but its life around here, and normal is feeling great!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! How did you get Julia to give up the pacifier? I feel like that day will never come for us but I'm not pushing it yet.

Congratulations on your new van! It must be nice to be able to get around again.

I love that picture of the girls!
Michelle

Ipuna Black said...

Love the picture of the girls! Loved the movie Cars! You are so lucky! It is soooo hot here!
Sometimes boring is great!

Candace said...

What a cute picture! Congrats on your van. Julia is such a cutie w/ all she says & does.

Everyday is not so boring. I know you...you look beyond that & being able to record the little things is the beauty of it all. Because that's what makes up our lives mostly...the everyday.