Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I HATE good-byes

Well mom left this morning, and boy am I a crying mess. I hate good-byes soooo much! I had 12 years of good-byes living away from my grandma and I hated everyone one of them, they're so hard when you love someone so much.
It was such a WONDERFUL visit! As expected, she SPOILED the girls rotten, seriously! I had fun showing her around Castle Rock. We ate lunch downtown at the B&B Cafe- it's over 100 years old. It reminded my mom of a place in Rockford she use to eat at across from my grandpa's Motor Hotel. ( I love hearing her memories). We of course got ice cream at the Old Towne Creamery, and then headed to the outlet mall where Julia again made out like a bandit.

She spoiled Ryan and I with going out to dinners and taking us to the movies too. She took Julia to see Cars, so Ryan and I could go see Nacho Libre, our first movie since we can't remember. We really enjoyed ourselves, love the Nacho humor.


It was so nice to have another set of hands around here. I love how she talks to Lauren and plays with the girls. I love having her around. I got to paint our bathroom while she was here simply because I had someone to hold and entertain Lauren.
Mom was so cute to listen to, she'd sing "Wheels On the Bus", she would put Lauren in the little rocking chair and on the Princess horse and tell her what a big girl she was. Then I came out and Lauren was sitting in the kitchen sink having a bath! That is such a grandma thing! It's so cool how grandma's do things with our kids that we probably don't even think of doing. My grandma gave me a bath in her kitchen sink too, I guess I too will do it to Julia and Lauren's kids. I love the legacy of love that there is between mothers and daughters.

Mom got me this hanging flower pot, they're called Impatience (PERFECT flower for me), she told me as we were driving home from the nursery that my grandma always loved Impatience. It may sound silly, but I love that connection that's there between my mom and my grandma and me and now my girls. I guess that's part of why its so important to Heavenly Father that we be eternal families, there really is something sacred about these relationships.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so nice to enjoy those moments with your Mom.

Does Julia miss her a lot too?

Hope you're ready for us. We're excited!

Candace said...

Oh, your post makes me want to cry. Just so special. Glad we could talk today.

Ipuna Black said...

That was such a great blog.

K.C.'s Mom took Xayla a bath in the sink as well. Funny. I guess it is a Grandma thing!