Friday, June 09, 2006

House, Anniversary, & Minivan

So its official- the house is in escrow!!!! YAHOO! We got the offer last Friday from an investor. It wasn't as much as we would have liked, but it is still a huge blessing to get rid of it! Now we're looking at minivans. We spent last Saturday (our 6year anniversary) looking at dealerships. Let me give a word to the wise- don't spend your anniversary with your two little ones looking at cars you can't afford! Wow did that day end bad. Exhausted and frustrated I was pretty much hating the world. It is too bad to, because the day started out so well. We went to breakfast in downtown Castle Rock at this funky little place called the Crepe Cafe. It is the coolest! The food was incredible I had the "funky monkey crepe"- peanut butter, chocolate and bananas wrapped in a crepe. YUM YUM YUM! We then went to the temple and took turns watching the girls outside while the other one went in and did some initiatory work. It was cool to be there on a Saturday when there are so many weddings going on. Julia LOVED seeing the brides taking pictures. She is totally enamored with getting married. She already knows she's getting married in the temple, its so sweet. Warms my heart for sure!

So this week has been busy with having the family we bought this house from over for dinner. They are super cool people. We signed Julia up for preschool and had a play date at the park. I got a big order done of food storage and had to pick that up and get it organized. We have now begun looking for a minivan on the internet- heck we did great buying a HOUSE on the internet, how hard can a car be? And today I'm starting to paint our bedroom! I LOVE PAINTING! Right now our bedroom is a sage green so we thought we better prime it first- nightmare. I only did one wall and completely lost my patience, so today I'm just going full force with color and hope it works out. Looking forward to the weekend, I want to get a sprinkler and run around in it with Ryan and the girls! :)

LOVE MY BABES!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The picture of the girls in front of the temple is so perfect! It makes me want to go to the temple.

Candace said...

So cute in matching shirts. Sadie has that same shirt, by the way.

What color are you painting?

Ipuna Black said...

I love that picture!