Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rainy Rockies

Ryan's work got everyone and their family Rockies tickets for this weekend's game against the Dodgers. We were EXCITED!!! FREE TICKETS, and not rock pile tickets either!!!

Yeah it rained.

It rained hard.

But being the ever optimists we still headed for the train station and went downtown. We did hear on the radio that the game was never started, but GREAT, we were already like an hour late so ha ha ha everyone that shows up on time, WE were still going to make it, I mean it was barely sprinkling.

So we take the train, oh how we love mass transportation! It reminded me so much of England it was freaking me out! I was actually feeling homesick (My emotion of choice for the three months we lived there)! Then I felt like Harry Potter, well not like I was him, but that I was cool and he really really liked me because I was riding on a train. (yeah I'm crazy!).



Soooo, we make it downtown and masses of people are heading for the train...hmmmm... no it couldn't be. We ask someone, they say the game was called. No we push on, not believing we paid $11 to ride a train for nothing. Its the Rockies, they can handle rain, right?

Apparently not.

So we headed back for the train and chucked it up to something better to do than sitting at home.

Man if the girls weren't with us we kept thinking of all the fun things we would do downtown in the rain. How romantic. But the girls were with us, and instead of romance we got lots of laughs.






Anyway Colorado still rules!

5 comments:

tabo said...

I'm sure Harry would be very proud.

I bet that a Quidditch match would never be called on account of rain.

Nichole said...

Hard to believe that you guys don't have one of those cool moving roofs like the Diamondbacks. Or, would that mess with Mile High Stadium's altitude advantages?
Yes, I have to watch ESPN, like it or not, daily!

Ipuna Black said...

It's been raining a lot here as well. You look so happy in your picture.

Me said...

how fun! it must be so cool having a train into the city. too bad the game was cancelled, being at a ball game is the best! at least you still have a fun night out with the fam.

Me said...

I forgot to say what a HOTTIE you look like in the first picture of you and Lauren. So fresh, so pretty!! You're a looker!